Our students understand that service is a vital part of our Catholic faith. Each student is encouraged to perform good deeds for others.
These actions make a direct connection with this year’s theme, focusing on the Beatitudes, as we extend our hands to others displaying kindness, generosity and love.
Pope Francis encourages us to reach out to share our faith with others and provide service for others. Sacred Heart provides a wonderful environment filled with students who care about their families, their school and parish community, and most importantly, their God.
We strive to accept all who enter our doors with open arms and helping hands, eager to share our love with others. We are passionate about our school and possess a great deal of compassion for others. Come walk with us this school year as we strive to become what God envisions us all to be.
At Sacred Heart of Jesus School, we focus on serving others, as Christ did.
- Students visit nursing homes to pray the Rosary with the residents.
- Students have monthly “grub” days for which they pay to “dress down.” The money collected goes to charity.
- Our Buddy Program pairs 5th through 8th graders with K through 2nd graders.
- Our food drive benefits the St. Vincent de Paul Society.
- K-4th grades write letters to the cloistered
- During Catholic Schools Week, each class participates in a service project of their choice.
- We collect clothing for the needy and participate in a Christmas Giving Tree Program.
- We raise money for many charitable organizations, including the Missions and Children’s Hospital.